Data Business Services has been providing data privacy and protection services for more than 20 years.
Our clients value our single-source solutions. In-depth knowledge of IT is combined with end-to-end legal expertise. Focusing on the areas of data privacy and protection, IT security and information security, we support clients throughout Europe and act as a “bridge” to Europe for US enterprises.
Data Business Services supports clients
from a wide variety of industries:
- A worldwide producer of mobile communication technology
- A global company in the database industry
- One of Europe’s leading heart and diabetes hospitals
- A provider and operator of telemetry solutions for heart patients
- A global company for IT-security hardware and software
- A global company in the virtualization industry
- A market leader in mail handling and mail logistic
- A market leader in the music and entertainment industry
On May 25, 2016, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) entered into force. Its goal is to create a harmonized EU framework to supersede existing national laws in Member States of the European Union. The regulation commenced with a two-year transitional period for its adoption into national law.
The Federal Republic of Germany has used opening clauses and passed a new Federal Data Protection Act that takes effect on May 25, 2018. The data protection rules laid down in the regulation apply to all companies with a registered seat in the EU.